Sunday 10 May 2015

Main star - Cook a meal

Today I cooked dinner and pudding. For dinner I made slow cooked steak. The steak was cooked up with carrots, onions and cherry tomatoes. I cut the carrots and tried to cut a tomato but the tomato exploded. Dad cut the rest of the tomatoes and the onions. Then we added the steak (we chopped that, too) and also a can of tinned tomatoes. (we didn't chop these) Then we put everything in the slow cooker. Later I will serve it with rice. For pudding I made creme caramel. To make it I had to do the dishes first. Then we started making it. But straightaway we had a problem. No ordinary sugar. Of course we could have mixed up carbon, oxygen and hydrogen but we didn't have any hydrogen lying around so we mixed up unrefined sugar and icing sugar. When we finished making them up we had to put them in ramekins in the oven, the ramekins in a big tray and the tray filled with water?! We could have gone to the supermarket and brought creme caramel but we made it. WHY? Not because it wouldn't be main stars (it sort of is) but because we need to learn how to cook so we can eat. It is important to learn how to cook! That is why I cook every Sunday. Some of the things I have cooked are Pizza and Butter chicken.

Mum: I thought it was really yummy and the creme caramel was difficult to make and you did a really great job

Billie: I thought that it as so great that I wanted 3 helpings. I had two helpings. IT WAS SO YUMMY.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your comment.